Texting Tips For Guys
This article is written on the topic of Texting tips for guys. So you’re at a party and you manage to get a girls number. Great! You may feel like the war is already won…..Think again. Most girls give their numbers out like it’s going out of style. So congrats, you basically just accomplished nothing. what are you going to do now? call her? Probably a good idea. If you decide that an actual voice to voice phone call would be too much, a text message is a novel idea.
I am going to take you through texting a female the same way my 5th grade English teacher helped us through a short story, with the 5 w’s.
Texting Tips For Guys
This is a simple one, but not to be overlooked. You should text the girl that you actually like. I have noticed that guys will often text girls that they know like them instead of texting the girls that they actually like themselves. I know it’s easier to hang out with the girls you already know like you, but if you don’t like them back, what’s the point? Don’t make the mistake of hanging out with girls that you aren’t interested in just because you’re scared of rejection. Take a leap of faith, be confident, and text the girl that you actually see yourself liking.
This is probably the most important of the 5 w’s when it comes to texting a girl. what do most guys text a girl when they want to start a conversation?
Eric: Hi Ashley, it’s Eric Rea, remember me from the party on Friday? How are you doing? Did you have a good weekend?
Now to a guy, this seems like an ideal text message to send. WRONG!
Here are the problem’s with this text:
1. Telling her who you are: If you were smart, you would have made sure she put your number in her phone the night you got hers. If you didn’t, you still shouldn’t announce who you are in the first text. She will be more intrigued if you start out as a mystery guy.
2. Word count = 22: This is horrific! the message you are sending along with a 22 word text is, “I really like you so I made this text really long to show you how interested I am in you.” Is that really what you want to say to a girl that you’ve actually never hung out with?
3. Questions: Never ask a question in the first text. you should always give the girl a chance to ask you a question before you do. Questions are a texters way of saying that they want the conversation to continue. I mean let’s be honest, do you really care about “what’s up?” or “how are you?”. I didn’t think so…
Here Are a few rules to live by about what to text a girl:
– Less than 3 words for the first text: Why you may ask? Because content isn’t important when you text a girl. The important part of the first text is when your name pops up on her phone saying “new message from Eric”. That is what shows her that you are interested. Anything above and beyond that makes you look overzealous and overly-available, and we all know that females don’t want what they already have. My typical first text to a girl is usually one word, “(insert girls name)”. It sounds retarded i know, but it works.
– Less is more: In your messages preceding the first text, you should always try and respond in as few words as possible. REMEMBER: you don’t have to comment on every thing she says.
A BAD example is If you’ve asked a girl what she has been up to and she replies:
Ashley: I went to school in the morning, then went to olive garden for lunch with my girlfriends, and now I’m about to go to the gym. What about you?
Eric: Oh cool, I had school today too. what School do you go to? I love olive garden, do you like their salad? I’m thinking about going to the gym too. what are you doing after the gym?
The better response would have been:
Eric: Oh cool, want to do something after the gym?
Do you see how much better that sounds to the girl? You remove all the bullcrap about,”oh I like that too”, and, “I am also interested in that”, and get straight to the real reason you texted her, YOU WANT TO SEE HER.
Where you are when you text a girl may seem like an insignificant detail, but it can actually have a big effect on how the text conversation goes.
It is best to text a female when you are actively involved in something else. whether it be hanging out with your friends or at work, being occupied with another activity will have a positive effect on your text convo. The reasoning behind my logic for this one is based on the fact that when your primary activity is texting the girl, you end up over-thinking every detail of the conversation. This can cause the overly long text messages that you saw in the previous category, along with the rapid response text, which we will discuss in more detail in the when section. On the other hand, If your text message conversation is a secondary or tertiary activity, you will be a lot less likely to overthink your responses and the conversation will have a less desperate undertone on your end.
In the world of texting, timing is everything. So when should you text your future lover? That’s a very good question.
The rule on this one is, not too late, and not too early. You never want to send a girl a text before 11 am. If you do, it looks like you woke up thinking about her, and that just makes you look like a stalker. You also do not want her to wake up with a text message from you. This gives off a weird vibe as well.
Even worse than an early morning text is a late night text. Unless a girl has a severe case of the hornies, a text after 9 or 10 pm will go up in flames. There are two reason why you should never send a late night text. The first is because you never want to text a girl when she is hanging out with another guy. The second is because if you do text a girl after 9 pm, even if it is to see what she is doing next week, she will think that you are looking for a booty call. Girls, for the most part, do not like being booty called, and if they think that you’re a booty caller, your chances are shot.
Why do we text girls? Well I don’t know about you, but when I text a girl, it is because I have the intentions of hanging out with her. If your answer to this question is anything other than that, you are in grave danger of slipping into the friend zone.
Here’s an important rule: Text with a purpose.
If you start texting a girl, you’d better have a plan of action. The worst text conversation possible is one that does not accomplish anything, so make a plan, and stay focused on it. 9 times out of 10, your conversation should climax with you asking if she wants to hang out. If you don’t, the female is going to think, “Wow, Eric is a really nice guy, he texted me just to see how I was doing, he will be a great friend.” If you confidently ask her to do something, the female will think, “Wow, Eric wants to hang out with me, He’s handsome and seemed pretty funny, I am excited to hang out.” Do you see the difference? You have to let her know from the start that you do not want another friend, but that you are interested in getting to know her for romantic reasons.
Texting is a good way to communicate with a girl if you aren’t feeling the phone call vibe yet. If you follow these simple guidelines, your textual relations with girls will improve and you will be on your way to finding that special someone.